All the cool kids are playing sand volleyball, and here are 10 reasons why you should too!
Don’t let the cold temperatures keep you from playing sports this winter. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to gather your friends, enjoy a drink, and play “Winter Digs II” league at Volleyball Beach this season.
Top Ten Reasons to play volleyball:
- It’s really fun!
- A great way to burn off those holiday calories! Playing 45 minutes of sand volleyball can burn up to 585 calories.
- KC’s Volleyball Beach has the third largest dome in the U.S.! With that much space, why not sign up all of your friends?
- Volleyball is a great way to improve one’s coordination, reflexes and body balance, because the sport involves the need to be alert, vigilant, and extremely aware of what is going on.
- It’s very social. The small courts combined with small teams ensures lots of laughter and chatting with teammates and opponents.
- Anyone can do it! No specific age, size, shape or fitness level is needed to be good (or have fun) at sand volleyball.
- You can enjoy drinks and food from the legendary Volleyball Bar while playing! Don’t have time between games to order another round for the team? No problem! Text your order directly to the bar!
- You will make new friends. Beach volleyball players love to meet new people, form pick-up games and go out for drinks after games. Split a Buffal-over-the-net chicken pizza from the Beach Cafe with your new friends.
- It improves your strength! The physical motions required to play volleyball strengthen the upper body, arms, shoulders, thighs, abdominals, and lower legs.
- No one else in KC has a dome like Volleyball Beach!
Volleyball Beach had over 300 teams play under the heated dome in the “Winter Digs I” league session. Registration for the “Winter Digs II” league is underway and filling up fast! Games start January 3rd, so sign up today!
Click here for registration and sign up information.